Want to submit a video to Betty? Follow these instructions to maximize your chances of getting your story published.
Here are some types of videos to get you started:
- Vlog: share your story, talk about yourself and your journey.
- Short Film: a narrative short film related to your condition (note: anyone appearing in a video about a condition should actually have the condition they’re portraying).
- Text Video: tell your story through lists, post-it notes, etc.
- Tips Video: do you have 7 never-before-heard-of ways to get through a panic attack? 9 tried-and-true things you do on a bad pain day?
- Under 3 minutes
- Tell us a story: be creative and unique; make sure it has a beginning, middle and end.
- Shoot horizontally
- Be in a quiet place
- Make sure you’re in a very well-lit place
- Shoot a “Medium Close Up”: an MCU is a shot that shows your entire head and upper torso.
- Leave a few seconds before you stop recording.
- Watch your video before submitting
- Upload your file to Vimeo, YouTube or Google Drive and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your condition, the link to your video, and a brief 1-2 sentence description of what you’re submitting.
Note: Every clip cannot be included in what is published. However, every response will be used internally, to help make our approach to health coverage as informed & supportive as it can be.